Churches everywhere have pivoted to online. But where welcome used to play such a large part to our gathered environments, how can we replicate this online? In this module, Naomi Whybrow and Mark Crosby walk through the audiences and opportunities available through online church, the visitor journey, barriers to community engagement, the assimilation process, building an online presence when churches re-open, the role of social media and how to leverage popular platforms to work alongside online church.
On completion of this module, you should be able to:
- Identify the audiences that online church makes available.
- Explain the visitor journey, knowing the differences between visitors and newcomers.
- Apply welcoming language and practises to each stage of the visitor journey.
- Understand the importance of the assimilation process and apply customised steps to their own context.
- Explain the importance of social media to connect and engage with people.
- One video
- One handout
- One quiz