Training our churches in Kingdom ministry and the power of the Holy Spirit.
Steve and Cindy Nicholson, trailblazers from the early days of the Vineyard Movement in the USA, are coming to spend time in the UK in the Spring of 2023. With over 40 years in church ministry, they have decades of wisdom, discernment and practical insight in recognising and stewarding the work of the Holy Spirit. They are passionate about passing this on to the next generation.
Through a series of weekend events across the UK, we are excited for Steve & Cindy to train our churches in Kingdom ministry and the power of the Holy Spirit. Our hope is that these gatherings will both re-equip our movement for Kingdom ministry and ignite a renewed passion in us for the work of the Holy Spirit.
Friday 3 March
7:30pm – Registration & Refreshments
8:00pm – Welcome, Worship, Teaching and Ministry
9:30pm – Finish
Saturday 4 March
9:30am – Registration & Refreshments
10:00am – Welcome, Worship, Teaching and Ministry
11:40am – Refreshment break
12:00pm – Interviews
1:00pm – Lunch
2:00pm – Seminar Slot 1
3:00pm – Refreshment Break
3:30pm – Seminar Slot 2
4:45pm – Dinner (everyone needs to leave the site)
7:00pm – Refreshments
7:30pm – Welcome
7:40pm – Worship, teaching & ministry
9:00pm – Finish
What seminars are on offer?
Full afternoon session:
• Art Sozo 1.45 – 4.45pm (£15 cost – sign up essential)
Seminar slot 1:
• Holy Spirit Theology for 2023 not 1983 – Mark Powley
• Doing this well (setting a culture of healthy governance) – Anne Button
Seminar slot 2:
• Sharing our faith with the help of Holy Spirit – Hetal Knowlson
• When Holy Spirit calls you to pastoral ministry – Jonathan & Nicki Abbey
Will there be children’s provision?
Sadly not, although there is a parenting room off the main auditorium which can be used by parents with their children.
Can I bring my own lunch?
Yes of course – there will be space for eating a packed lunch. Or you can book one of our lunch grab bags in advance. There are also cafes and a small shop nearby if you need to pop out for lunch.
Will there be hot drinks and water available?
There will be hot drinks and water available in all of the refreshment breaks. We would encourage you to bring a reusable mug/cup and a water bottle with you if possible, in order to minimise the environmental impact of the conference.
Where should I park?
There will be designated Blue Badge parking on site. If you need this please let us know and we will reserve you a parking space. For any specific requirements please contact [email protected] There is pay and display parking at the council run ‘Kirkstall Road Car park’, sadly the ‘Burley Road Car Park’ in front of North Church is unavailable. We are trying to arrange to book the car park for the conference. If we are successful then we will be in touch about how to pay for and reserve a space with us.There is free parking available on Saturdays a little further away, in the roads which comes off Woodsley road. Please check the signs locally for parking restrictions. We would encourage you to share lifts wherever possible.
How close to the train station is North Church?
North Church is a 22 min walk (1.1 miles) from Leeds Train Station.
Do you have any recommendations for places to eat?
Under 10 mins walking distance
- Archive (lunchtime only) (Brunch) Archive (archiveleeds.co.uk)
- MyLahore Leeds (indian) https://www.mylahore.co.uk
- TGI Fridays (American)
- Manjaros (African) Manjaros Restaurant from the heart of Africa and isles of the Caribbean
- Haftsin (Iraniain/Persian food) Haftsin Restaurant | Haftsin Restaurant, Burley Road, LEEDS, Takeaway Order Online (haftsinrestaurantonline.com)
- Kirkstall Brewery Taproom & Kitchen (Pizzas, salads) Taproom – Taproom (kirkstallbrewerytap.co.uk)
Up to 20 mins walking distance
- Lupe’s Cantina Mexicana (Cardigan Road)
All at Cardigan Fields, a local leisure complex on Kirkstall Road:
- Viva Cuba (Tapas)
- Sheesh Mahal (Indian)
- Pizza Hut
- Taco Bell
- Five Guys
Do you have any recommendations of nearby places to stay?
- Holiday Inn Express Leeds – City Centre (off Cavendish Street)
- Premier Inn Leeds City Centre (Wellington Street)
- Hotel Ibis Leeds City Centre (Marlborough Street)
- Crowne Plaza Leeds (Wellington Street)
- Roomzzz Aparthotel Leeds City West (Burley Road)
Steve & Cindy Nicholson
03/03/2023 – 04/03/2023