Our Multiply Podcast hosts conversations aimed to stir, equip and provoke. Through interviewing thinkers, practitioners and pioneers, we aim to inspire and equip Kingdom people to launch Kingdom communities.
At the latest Leading, Planting, Pioneering (LPP) event we were joined by author and theology professor Tod Bolsinger who specialises in the area of adaptive and transformational leadership.
- Beauty is grounded in a being, who is utterly knowable and who wants to know you.
- The reason beauty is hard to define is because ultimately it’s rooted in the doctrine of God and our imaging of that God is to reflect and refract that beauty to the world.
- When I’m talking about things being beautiful I’m not just talking about art and the humanities, I’m talking about the way we do things and the way we treat people
- If beauty is located in the Godhead then it’s not just an attribute it’s power. God exerts his influence on us when we have an encounter with the ‘beautiful’. Most of us look beyond the beautiful thing we’re experiencing because when we experience something truly beautiful, something happens to us which is awe, disproportionately to the thing we look at.
- Beauty always points to something beyond itself.
- Be clear on what you’re for – not the means but the end.
- We don’t want to build an audience in the church but an army to serve the city.